Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snow day

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a snow day for me. It was a good day off, near the start of the semester, and I got things done. I also had time to hang out with my housemates (I live in what's basically an engineering frat house by another name.)

One of the great things about the house I'm at at school is that there's so many study abroad students here. So there's people who're seeing snow for the first couple times (this isn't the first snow of the season, just the first snow day.) There's people who've seen snow, but never had enough to build a snow man.

So guess what's going on?

Yup. House snowmen.

It is very cool.

There's not been any loss of electricity. Roads are closed, and there was a lot of wind, and there is a lot of snow. Cancelling classes and telling people to stay home was the right move here. But once we've decided to stay put? It's a good day. A calmer, slower day, with not much going on, and a good day. Today's going to be much the same, I think. Classes are canceled again, because everything is still snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.