Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

I'm moderating #USSAAChat: AAC and the workplace!

The US Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (USSAAC) runs a twitter chat on the second Thursday of each month, at 7pm EST. I'm moderating the next one, on January 12. The topic is going to be AAC and the workplace. This is important to me because I'm a teacher (sometimes TA) and I use AAC part time. I know many adults who use AAC, including at work.

I do plan to make a Storify of the chat afterwards. If you would like to participate but do not want to have your tweets included in the Storify, feel free to let me know. You can reach me on Twitter, or you can email me: alyhillary (@) gmail (.) com.

Here are the planned questions:


Q1: Let's start with introductions. Who are you? What is your relationship to #AAC (and the workplace)? #USSAAChat

Q2: What #AAC systems and supports are used in your workplace? (Including by the folks we don't usually think of as AAC users!) #USSAAChat

Q3: What do you consider when choosing #AAC systems to use at work? (vocabulary, grammar support, output methods, other things?) #USSAAChat

Q4: We all communicate in many ways. How do you combine communication methods (including speech) and supports in the workplace? #USSAAChat

Q5: If you could design #AAC systems to use at work, what would you want? (visuals, grammar options, customizability, others?) #USSAAChat

Q6: How could your workplace better support #AAC use? And what is already being done that supports AAC use? #USSAAChat

Q7: I know I missed things. What do you want to say or ask about #AAC in the workplace that I haven't asked about? #USSAAChat


No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.