Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Friday, September 6, 2013

用中文谈自闭症

This is basically the stuff I said to my academic director on campus in Tianjin, since she wanted to know more about how autism applied to me, and also the difference between autism and Aspergers.

On the difference between the two:
问“Aspergers”和自闭症者有什么不同,要看是DSM里的不同,心理家用的不同,或普通人认为的不同。在DSM-IV,不同在一个人有几个自闭症的特点。如果特点够了,三岁前能知道有这些特点,应该是自闭症。如果特点是少一点的,两岁前开始说话,能说“Aspergers。”心理家知道这一部分,而他们也会认为“Aspergers”是清一点的。普通人常常以为所有的能说话的自闭症者是“Aspergers”的,有可能以为所有的自闭症者会害得自己。(实际上,好多的自闭症者不是那样做的,有“Aspergers”的会那样做。)看我的能力,人大多认为我肯定是“Aspergers,”而我的自闭症的特点比较多。

On what's going to be relevant to me in the classroom:
老师要知道我不能一边看像注意听一边真的注意听。我动来动去,手里玩儿小东西。我不太会看老师的眼睛,可能不会看老师。
如果我摔了,说“OW!”我大概摔的没有那么厉害。我国什么都不说,可能真的受伤了。
有时候,我不能说话。英文和中文“不能说”的时间没有那么大的关系。无论能不能说,我还能打字。我也能写,但是我泻得很乱。
要知道我想什么,要看我的手。看我的脸儿你会猜错。

And the best part? She just believed me, on all of it. So much easier than dealing with folks who think that they must know how my brain wiring affects me than I do. (wow that actually sounds kind of silly. how my brain wiring affects me, I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.