Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

April 1-3 #NaPoWriMo

Once again, April rolls around. That means National Poetry Writing Month, and it means Autism Hullabaloo Month. I have decided that is the name now because awareness months are generally for things that are bad and that we want to get rid of, and because acceptance isn't enough/is kind of getting appropriated, and because even the folks doing things I like are making lots of words and pictures and posts. Good ones, and I wouldn't have them stop if I could, but it does, in fact, add to the total hullabaloo. Which is sort of the point, adding good stuff to this mix so people can find such if they want it.

So here's my poems for April 1-3.

April 1:

Sidhe Fool, pray do tell,
How do you always jest?
How are your tricks always true?
Trickster, not liar,
Will you be my April Fool?


April 2:

Always remember: Icarus flew too close to the sun.
The higher you fly, the further you have to fall.
But when did heroes sleep safe?
And when did we forget the other word of warning:
Do not fly too low, too close to the sea.
We have forgotten, and so we remain.
Aim low, aim low, don't look up to the sky.
Aim low, aim low, locked still (unsafe) until we die.


April 3:

Questioning answers,
and questioning questions.
Theory of whose mind?
Awareness of what about autism?
Awareness for whom?
Awareness of whom?
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Are you sure you don't want me to believe what you say on the internet?
(Remember that your journal is online now!)

1 comment:

  1. All the questions we ask on 3 April 2016.

    "But when did heroes sleep safe?
    [...]Aim low, aim low, locked still (unsafe) until we die".

    And I liked the concept of a Sidhe Fool.
    "How are your tricks always true?"

    Tricksters are awesome, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.