Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

#NaPoWriMo April 4-6

The poeming continues!

April 4

Mathematically and neurodivergently musing
Order preserving maps
If you could compare the input, you can compare the output.
Or:
Follow the charted paths in the order they are given to you.
Maps depict and preserve order (unless they don't.)
Is it X that marks the spot?
What is the spot?
And since we're talking inputs and outputs:
What's in the box?


April 5

Month of awareness,
Month of acceptance,
Month of hullabaloo,
Look at the moon and wonder:
How many messages are attached to the cycle of one great rock about another?
How many messages are we missing?


April 6

Conflations, confusions.
"Don't you agree that X is needed?"
The ends will not justify all means.
Any end can be reached by multiple means.
Conflate, conflate, conflate.
"She'll never get a job if she can't learn to stop that."
How old is this kid again?
Does there need to be a power struggle over it now?
Really?
Are you sure?
Would that power struggle have taught you the skill?
Really?
Are you sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.