Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wish me luck?

My adviser is back in the US. He wants to meet with me tomorrow to discuss my results. I don't even know if I succeeded yet, really, because I have not managed to get any of my samples under the TEM. But I have data that suggests I may have, and I guess I will make that data look nice, keep working on getting the samples under the TEM to confirm, and let him know that is my current status. Oh, and worry, because no matter how awesome I feel about probable success, I am still nervous presenting it while it isn't definite. NERVES NERVES NERVES. Because I actually have kinda cruddy self-esteem despite knowing intellectually that I am pretty awesome. And that means I am terrified that what I have isn't going to be good enough and that I'm going to be in trouble or get fired, even though I have never been fired from anything ever, and I even did well working in customer service over the phone, though I did get asked to work on my tone, because, you know, getting tone right automatically+being autistic are not best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.