Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Purimgifts 2024 Dear Creator

Dear Creator,

First off, thank you!

For Tamora Pierce, I've been interested in Eleni Cooper's backstory for a long time. I also love future!fic where Kel and Alanna get to Actually Have a relationship or where either or both of them get to interact with future girl pages & squires. Emelan is also great but I have fewer Specific Ideas. 

For the Divergent series -- I love Tris. I love Tori. I love the Dauntless girls in general. I have an extremely antagonistic relationship with the canonical framing of what Divergence is as of book 3. Like, published an academic paper about it level of antagonism: Pulling the Rug Out From Under (Neuro)Divergence in the Divergent Universe. So definitely feel free to chuck as much of book 3 into the woodchipper as you want.

I tend to read Alanna (Tortall), Kel (Tortall), Tris (both Emelan and Divergent), and Dairine (Young Wizards) as autistic. You're welcome to use or ignore that as you wish :)

I enjoy the other fandoms but don't have a ton to say about specifics for them. Crossovers between any number of my requested fandoms are Absolutely Fine, if a crossover idea strikes your fancy. If the fandom (including recursive fandoms) is in my bookmarks or is something I've written for/had crossover elements with you can safely assume that crossover/fusion including that fandom is OK as well. 

(Harry Potter is another one where I have an Antagonistic Relationship with canon. Revolutionary Arc (kitsunerei88) versions of Kel and/or Alanna are Explicitly Definitely Fine. I didn't request Harry Potter in general because I don't want pure Potter fic, but both Rigel Black Chronicles and Revolutionary Arc recursive fics are welcome (and specific fusions with Tortall lol)! I have a soft spot for Jewish Kowalski's fics.)

Cheers,

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.