Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Never

Never, never, never.
It's all I ever hear.
Never live a normal life.
(Normal is overrated.)
Never have friends.
(But I do.)

Never, never, never.
That's why I must be a tragedy.
Never go to parties.
(Loud. Crowded. Why do you lot think parties are so great?)
Never go to college.
(Triple major. You were saying?)

Never, never, never.
I couldn't understand unless I knew him.
Never have a girlfriend.
(Does he want one? Would you even let him try?)
Never have a boyfriend.
(You do realize that gay autistic people exist, right?)

Never, never, never.
It's why we need a cure (for ignorance!)
Never live on his own.
(Why are we obsessed with living alone?)
Never have a job.
(You don't know that.)
 
Never, never, never.
It's all I ever hear.
Never be independent.
(And you are? Truly? I doubt it.)
Never be what was expected.
(And that's your fault, not his.)

1 comment:

  1. Be you, be whoever you want to be...Love this, very well written . Thanks for sharing it with us all. From, Janine ashleigh (autism through the eyes of us all) :)

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.