Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Normal


Why do you want the one thing I can't be?
Always just out of my grasp.
Never be normal, the one "never" that's true,
But normal is all you demand.

Not from anyone else, just from me
No one else must be always the same
"Indistinguishable from their peers,"
My highest goal? To be one and the same.

Individuality? Diversity?
Not when it is mine.
Just a "behavior,"
Your name for what needs to be fixed.

All I want, all I need,
Is the right to be me.
Seen as normal enough to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.