Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Silly Poem

I've written some heavy stuff, and I'll be writing more heavy stuff, but I do sometimes like to have fun. So have something fun I wrote about what madness can ensue when you're acting like you're still at camp after getting home.

Back From Camp:


Just back from camp and singing grace
People thinking I’m from outer space.

Clap clap, tap tap tap, clap move over
Clap up tap switch slam CRASH!
Played the cup game, broke the glass
I should’ve known that fun couldn’t last.

Now I’m back from camp and singing grace
People thinking I’m from outer space.

Buddy board, flushie buddy, hopper, and unit,
Will someone tell me where’s the med kit?
Never mind, I’m home today
But in my head the camp words stay.

And I’m back from camp, still singing grace
People thinking I’m from outer space.

And finally- I understand how,
This song is NCA, it doesn’t matter now!
Someone called out Purple
And today I didn’t turn.

I’m back long enough to not sing grace
But people still think I’m from outer space.
I’m back long enough to not sing grace
But people still think I’m from outer space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.